Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Dessert #2

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies...mmmm.

Now these were good. I was pretty happy with how they turned out and my family loved them. This might become one of the Thanksgiving staples.

I made a double batch, so it got a little confusing doubling everything. I should have written them all down first. Then the recipe calls to put 2/3 of the brownie batter on the bottom of the pan. I don't think I put enough..and I think I put too much on the top. Oh well. Still really good.

I couldn't really taste the cheesecake, so I thought it tasted like "chocolate"ly pumpkin. However, my uncle could only really taste the cheesecake. Weird! :D


Makes 1 8"x8" pan

Ingredients:
Brownie Batter
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 - 2/3 cup pumpkin
1/3 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp ground ginger
1/3 tsp ground cloves

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8"x 8" square metal baking pan.
2. Brownie batter: Beat together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and gradually stir into butter mixture with a wooden spoon.
3. Cheesecake Batter: In a separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter ingredients.
4. Spread about 2/3 of chocolate batter into prepared pan and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set. ( I needed 50 minutes).
6. Cool on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.


The last dessert...the Double Layer Pumpkin Pie was good, but didn't hold the form as I had hoped, aka pudding pie. I plan on working on this pie a little more and once it's perfected I will let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Those seriously sound super freakin' good. Can't wait to make them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna attempt these next week for a pot luck... wish me luck lol.

    ReplyDelete