Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Catching Up

So, Scratch and I had a good long weekend. Wednesday I didn't have work. Yay! I took Bella to get groomed, ran a few errands, and went home to start baking. Finished 2 of 3 desserts than Scratch came home from work (sucka!) and we went to dinner.

Thursday morning I finished up the desserts and we went to my Uncle's house for dinner. It was fun to see the family, especially my cousin. I really need to get some pictures of her. She is too cute. After dinner we played a card game called nickels. My grandma likes it because the most you can lose is 95 cents. haha.

Friday Scratch and I went shopping. We got up at 7 am and hit Walmart, Office Max, and the mall. It was this day that I have 2 epiphanies.
#1 Going Black Friday shopping at 7 am is a lose-lose situation. Not only do I not get to sleep in, but 99% of the deals are gone already. Next year, I'll have 2 options (A) Wake up and go stand in line early-Sacrifice sleep with the promise to get the deals or (B) Sleep in and go at 11-12-Sacrifice deals with the promise to sleep in.
#2 Don't bring Joe if I go with #1A. He is such an inefficient Black Friday shopper. Let's just say he wanders. lol. I spent 10 minutes of good shopping time searching Walmart for him. The plan is to get in and get out...not wander the aisles. lol I know better now though.

Saturday Scratch and I tailgated with some friends, then went to the ASU v. UofA game. I won't talk about the game because that was disappointing, but I will talk about the interesting weather. I know what you're thinking..weather? interesting? Well, sorta...sorta evil. When we started tailgating it was a little chilly (light sweater weather one might say). The longer we were outside, the warmer it got. I eventually took off my sweater and changed out of my boots into flip flops...thinking "Man, I wish I would have worn capris". We get to the game and the weather turns on us. It gets really really windy and the sun gets covered by clouds. When halftime hit, I was sooo tempted to run and get my sweater. It was so cold. But that wasn't too convenient since we parked so far. By the end of the 3rd quarter it was raining. You might think I'm crazy for staying, but by then the game was getting good. The 4th quarter...well, at one point Scratch pointed to my arm and asked "What's that?"...it was a chunk of ice. It was hailing! Can you believe it!! At the end of the game, I didn't care who won or lost I just wanted the game to be over. (Crucify me if you want...you weren't there, if was flippin' freezin'!).

I eventually thawed out and Sunday was an extremely lazy day...caught up on reading, TiVo, and football. (Ok Scratch mostly did the football thing...I was in the other room napping :D).

I did a lot of checking off this weekend too.
-#11 Donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. My coworkers were growing mustaches in November to "change the face of men's health". They all look like pervs. haha
-#22 Started an auto-deposit into Scratch and my joint savings. It feels good to actually start saving again.
-#39 Went to the ASU game.
-#45 Watched 3 movies the weekend, several that we purchased on Black Friday and some we rented from Redbox: The Day the Earth Stood Still (not as bad as I thought it would be), The Goods; Live Hard, Sell Hard, and Angels and Demons.
and
-#72 Bought a breadmaker on Black Friday and didn't even have to wait in line. Thank you Amazon!

Phew....I'm just tired writing about all of those. :P

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good turkey day weekends! Boo for not sleeping in and not making the sales :( Somehow, someway, I made it to Target at 5am lol, waited in a mile long line but was out of there by 6:10! Woohoo! I'll go with you next year ;)

    I will definitely not be one of the crucifiers... I'm totally a cold weather hater, especially without any warm clothes! Hope that game ended quickly! lol.

    Yay for getting more checked off your list! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete